A specialist service offering hypnotherapy for fertility, mind-body techniques and solution focused psychotherapy for every stage of your fertility journey
Together, we work to restore your optimal mental, emotional and physical health. To give you an idea of how hypnotherapy may help you, here are some examples of issues that my clients choose to work on:
- Stress, worry and anxiety
- Limiting beliefs (such as “I just don’t believe I’ll ever get pregnant”)
- Specialist hypnotherapy for fertility (mind-body techniques to improve chances of natural conception and through IVF, ICSI, IUI…)
- Enhance IVF: good preparation, healthy mindset, minimize side effects, improve chances of a positive outcome
- Discovering and resolving psychological blocks to conception
- Resolving habits, addictions and behaviors (eg. eating disorders, weight loss or management, stress, smoking, drinking, overworking etc)
- Medical and/or health issues: depression, anxiety disorders, IBS, insomnia, PCOS, PMS, menopause
- Developing resilience, a healthy mindset and better coping skills
- Working through past trauma, miscarriage or loss (so you can visualise and look forward to a positive future)
- Fears (of pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, medical interventions, impact on relationship with partner…)
- Difficult decisions (to be or not to be a parent, to continue/discontinue fertility treatment, other options to parenting such as adoption, surrogacy, egg/sperm/embryo donation)
- Post natal depression and parenting issues
- Reaching acceptance of permanent infertility and being able to visualise, look forward to – and experience – a positive future.
You may be wondering how many sessions you might need. It’s difficult to answer this. In some cases, very positive change can happen in just 1, 2 or 3 sessions. But generally speaking, my clients find that 6 sessions are needed to fully benefit from this form of therapy. For this reason, I offer a discount when committing to 6 sessions. This gives me the opportunity to plan a personal treatment plan for you over a pre-agreed number of sessions. And you benefit from this plan … and the reduced cost.
Deciding whether or not to commit to 6 sessions is entirely your choice. And you can make this choice at any time after your first session. It’s not unusual for clients to say to me after a number of sessions “you know what? I’m going to book 6 more and get the discount”. But equally it’s not unusual for me to hear after 2 sessions “I feel we’re done, something has shifted”. You may prefer to work to an agreed number of sessions, you may prefer to ‘see how it goes’. Either is fine with me!
Sessions can be in person or online (by Skype or Facetime)
If you would like to have a one-to-one session but don’t live in, or near to, Oxford we can work together online session instead. If you feel unsure about working online – book a free consultation to see how it feels. Many of my clients are surprised how effective online sessions are. Being very busy juggling work with fertility clinic appointments I find that many clients choose to work online even though they live in Oxford!