The first session involves working together to establish a clear and achievable goal.
The consultation process is gentle and can be very therapeutic in itself – helping you regain a sense of control over your situation. Many clients experience a huge sense of relief as a result of this session. Often anxiety is reduced because they have mobilised their resources and clarified or shifted their thinking. This process is the foundation for our work together – we will both achieve a clear understanding of your therapeutic needs and goals, which will inform the development of your personal treatment plan.
The first session will last for up to 90 minutes. To maximise the value of our time together, I offer you the option of completing required paperwork (eg. contract and medical questionnaire) in advance of our meeting. Or if you prefer, we can do this together during the consultation. I work in response to you and your needs and so no two consultations are the same. However, you may expect our first meeting to include some, or all, of the following:
- Being listened to in a confidential, non-judgmental and supportive context.
- Information gathering (your medical and personal history/circumstances as appropriate).
- Opportunity to ask questions/gain information: hypnosis, mind-body connection, options for medical treatment, fertility ‘jargon’…
- Fertility awareness education.
- Agree working terms/contract.
- Establish an outcome/goal for therapy.
- Experience a guided relaxation technique and/or hypnosis as appropriate.
- Learn a self-help technique.
- Agree a ‘home-work’ task that will support progress towards your therapeutic goal and maximise the value of our session times.
(£80 for appointments after 6pm and at weekends).
To make an appointment please call 07847 552317 or email me
Read more about: